HANFORD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
FOOD SERVICE WORKER I
Supplemental Application Questions
INSTRUCTIONS: As part of the selection procedure, the following questions measure necessary employment standards for the position and must be completed in order to qualify for the position. Please attach your responses to the application.
NOTE: An application will be considered incomplete without the responses to these questions.
1. Describe any experience you have in food service work. (Specifically involving school or cafeteria style services.)
2. List the types of basic serving utensils and equipment you are familiar with.
3. Describe the proper procedure for hand washing and sanitizing pans, dishes, utensils, etc.
4. Describe any experience you have dealing with simple record-keeping, if any.
5. A Food Service Worker is responsible for the amount of food received and served. How would you handle the situation if a teacher asked for an extra portion of meat knowing that the teacher should receive the same as the students; only one portion.
6. a. Do you possess a current Food Handlers Safety Certificate.
YES______ NO______ If YES, please attach a copy.
b. If NO, are you willing to get a Food Handlers Safety Certificate within six months of employment? YES______ NO______
7. What shifts can you work? (Please check all that you can do)
Split assignment:____________ Breakfast (approximately 6:40 a.m. – 8:10 a.m.) and
Lunch (approximately 11:15 .m. – 1:00 p.m. )
Lunch ONLY _________ (approximately 10:35 a.m. to 1:05 p.m).