ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT and BILINGUAL HEALTH CARE ASSISTANT
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION QUESTIONS
INSTRUCTIONS: As part
of the selection procedure, the following questions measure necessary employment
standards for the position and must be completed in order to be considered for
the position. Please respond on a
new sheet of paper. Please place
name and date on your response sheet.
NOTE: An application will be
considered incomplete without the responses to these questions.
1. Please describe your experience working as a health care assistant
and/or working with students with special medical needs.
2. Please list basic medical equipment you have experience with and your
level of competence with each item.
3. Describe your knowledge of office procedures, office equipment, and software
programs including the types of software programs you have worked on and your
level of expertise.
4. What specific events, work experiences do you have that you believe
qualify you for this position.
5. Please describe how the lifestyle of the migrant family can affect their
6. What are important considerations when making home visits?
7. What steps would you take if a child was having an asthma attack?
Describe your response sequence.
FOR BILINGUAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
8. Have you successfully completed the Spanish/English test at
9. Please describe your level of
competency in speaking to people about their health concerns in Spanish and in
using medical terminology in Spanish.
Please provide examples of your duties.
Please attach copies of the following certificates/cards:
*Please note this position requires a current CA L.V.N. License.
Medical training certification and/or licenses (C.N.A. Certificate, L.V.N.,
H.H.A., E.M.T. II) etc.
First Aid Card